Why is work so stressful?
For a lot of us, it’s because we’re constantly trying to balance our workload with our personal lives. We have families to take care of, friends to see, and hobbies that we enjoy. It can be tough to find time for everything, and that’s when workplace stress starts to creep in.
Signs of stress:
- Difficulty focusing on your work
- Constantly feeling anxious or irritable
- Having trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite or overeating
- Regularly feeling unwell
Dangers of stress:
If left unchecked, workplace stress can lead to some serious health problems. It can cause anxiety and depression, it can increase your blood pressure, and it can even lead to heart disease. That’s why it’s so important to find ways to manage your stress levels.
If you’re really feeling like your stress is out of control, it’s best to speak to your doctor.
How to manage stress so you can get on with the job:
- One of the best ways to deal with workplace stress is to stay organised. This means keeping a tidy desk, creating a daily to-do list, and staying on top of your deadlines. When you’re organised, you’ll feel less stressed because you’ll know exactly what needs to be done and when it needs to be done.
- Another way to deal with workplace stress is to take breaks. It’s important to step away from your work and take some time for yourself. Go for a walk, take a nap, or just relax and watch TV. Taking breaks will help you refresh your mind and come back to your work feeling less stressed.
- Take care of yourself. This means doing your best to eat healthy, exercise, and get enough sleep. When you’re taking care of your body, you’ll be able to handle stress better. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, make sure you’re taking time for yourself.
- Finally, one of the most important ways to deal with workplace stress is to manage your time wisely. This means learning to say “no” to tasks that aren’t essential and taking the time to focus on the things that are important to you. If you can manage your time wisely, you’ll be able to get more done.
Workplace stress is something that many of us face on a daily basis. But it doesn’t have to control our lives. Try these tips the next time you’re feeling overwhelmed at work.
This Post Is Part Of A Series: 101 Toolbox Topic Ideas For The Construction Industry
Do you struggle to come up with toolbox talk ideas each week to discuss with your workers? Fear no more, Work Safety QLD is here to the rescue with 101 Free Toolbox Talk Ideas for the Construction Industry.
Subscribe To Our Email Newsletter
Join our free email newsletter to recieve weekly tips, tricks, guides and resources for Work Health and Safety in Queensland. We send free weekly Work Health & Safety templates, resources and information.
Sign up for free today!